Single Room Occupancy Residences
Single Room Occupancy Residences (SRO) are offered in Allegany, Chautauqua, and Southern Erie counties. The program has the capacity to serve 41 individuals at 10 sites, housing 3-5 individual per location. This service is designed for people who have the skills to live independently, but may require support services to maintain their level of independence in the community. This service provides private rooms with common kitchen/living areas. There is no time limit placed on the tenantsí residency. Staff and consumers jointly develop housing and support service plans based on the consumerís interests, needs, and skills.
- Linkages to Community Providers
- Medication Support- compliance reinforcement, education, monitoring.
- Financial Management Assistance- linkage to entitlements, assistance with budgeting.
- Supported Counseling
- Support in finding vocational and educational opportunities.
- Transportation to the grocery store
- Some activities to promote social and recreational skill development and to reduce isolation.
- Have a primary psychiatric diagnosis that meets the criteria for a DSM-IV psychiatric diagnosis.
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Competent and reliable in self-administration of medications.
- Be either linked with entitlements or will be actively involved in linkages.
- Capable of self-preservation.
- Be psychiatrically stable. Referral must not represent an immediate potential or likelihood of serious harm to self or others, or is in need of a more intensive level of care in the opinion of their primary therapist or community residence staff.
- IQ of 70 or above.
- Ability to perform basic living skills to live independently, with the capabilities to reside without direct supervision.
- Agree to participate in treatment with a primary mental health/substance abuse provider.
For more information on the referral process, please contact the Supported Housing Client Caseworker at (716) 366-7792 Ext. 221.
Click here for a referral application.